Friday, May 11, 2018

May 11, 2018

Kendo Rage (SNES): No clue why I purchased this one, but I think it came from eBay a few years ago.  It seems like a simple, easy enough platformer, and heavily based on the Magical Girl-style cartoons from the 80s and 90s.

The main character has a decent variety of attacks.  The longer you wait between attacks, the more powerful of an attack will be released.  It's an interesting mechanic.

I beat the first level and called it a day!

Link to the Past, The (SNES): I made it through the sewer dungeon to emerge on the other side, bringing me, presumably, to the point where the game opens up like an older Zelda game!

I tried using the default controllers that came with the Retro Duo v2.0 Limited Edition.  They look like SNES controllers, but they sure don't feel like it!  The entire directional pad feels like it sinks in, making it hard to slide over and change movements.  Ideally, a d-pad should sort of dip in the direction that's being pushed.

Thankfully, the Retro-Bit Super Retro controllers seem to work quite well!  I'll have to dig out a real SNES controller or two to compare for sure.

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (SNES): Went through the menus deleting saves, then poked at Super Mario World and Mario 3 for a couple of minutes.  I'm at the point where I'm still just tickled seeing them up on my screen again, on an actual console, and in a comfy, quiet room that feels very 80s!

Minor Entries: Sword of Chaos (iOS).

No comments:

Post a Comment