Tuesday, May 8, 2018

May 8, 2018

Gargoyle's Quest II (NES): In continuing with my occasional bits of old-school gaming in the basement, I gave it a quick whirl.  Looks a little more RPG-ish than the first game in the series, starting you off in a town itself!

It seems like a prequel, since Firebrand is being bossed around, called a "trainee", and sent to a training center.  It plays much like I recall the GameBoy one playing, which is quite nice!

After going into the Training Center, all hell broke loose... and I stopped to nap. <_ p="">
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PC): I spent something like an hour scouring old saves trying to find the latest save I had that was prior to using Skill Books.  Y'see, if your skills get too high, you can't go to low-level trainers for points.  And if you can't get those low level trainer points, you can never max things out.

In the end, I went from a 70-hour save to a 35-hour save.  Eek.  This is why it took me almost two months to return to the game (which I was highly enjoying): I was so disheartened by my dumb mistake (I KNEW better, but forgot!) that I couldn't bring myself to replay so much then, but I'm better now.

Fist Puncher (PC): Tarina bought me this game years ago on Good Old Games.  I made a lot of progress, but unfortunately I lost my save!  (This was well before GOG Galaxy, let alone their cloud saves.)  Since it was a buck on Steam, I picked it back up and gave it a quick whirl...

Sword of Chaos (iOS): In addition to the usual dailies, I asked around if anyone wanted to marry solely for the stats... no luck, alas!

Minor Entries: Black Desert Online (PC).

No comments:

Post a Comment